Saturday, 11 May 2013

The Liebster Awards - I've Been Nominated!



Well, how exciting is this?!

The lovely Scarlett of Velvet Mint Lifestyle has been kind enough to nominate me for The Liebster Award. The Liebster (German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome) Award is awarded to someone who's blog has less than 300 followers (so I well and truly fit in to the criteria!). The nominee has to give:

  • 11 facts about themselves
  • Answer the 11 questions set by the nominator.
  • Choose 11 deserving blogs to nominate
  • Set THEM 11 questions
  • Inform the nominee
  • Link the nominees in your blog post.


So the weighty baton has been passed on to me and I'm about to run with it...
   
  1. I once broke both my arms, at the same time.
  2. I can't eat wheat.
  3. I LOVE food & cooking 
  4. In August I am going to live in America for a year,
     and no one I know is coming with me.
  5. My Mum will forever be my role model. 
  6. I'm a dog person, not a cat person (I think this is 
     illegal in the blogsphere so shhh!)
  7. I interviewed The Vaccines earlier this year.
  8. I will never regret going to university.
  9. My favourite ice cream is Haagen Dazs - Baileys. 
 10. Me and my sister use to watch a Mary Kate and Ashley 
     film EVERY night before we went to bed.
 11. I'm supposed to be revising right now...

1. You can only buy two items of clothing/makeup between now and September. What would you invest in?

Clothing: A decent, fitted, real leather jacket
Makeup: A good, dark black, eye-opening mascara, either Maybelline "The Falsies" or Benefit "They're Real"

2.Summer or Winter fashion?


Autumn/Winter - (fake) furs, boots and knits!

3. What's the most selfless act you've done?


Nursed a baby bird back to health despite the 4 days of sleep that I lost due to its chirping and my paper thin walls!

4. What was your last album/song purchase?


It was this morning and it was "Music From Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby". 

5. Your going to prison for life, with nothing but porridge to eat. Whatwould your last meal be?


Hmm... I'd go for baked, melting camembert with cranberry sauce and walnuts served with hot, home made croissants. And then a huge slice of my Grandma's sticky toffee pudding with home-churned vanilla ice-cream. (Can you tell I'm a foodie?? My stomach's making funny noises at me now!)

6. Somewhere in the world where you'd move to if you could?


I'm going to go cliche and say New York...and I'm moving there for a year starting in August!!

7. There's going to be a musical of your life, who would play you? What theme song would you pick?


Haha...completely non-realistically I would want it to be Zoe Deschanel and my theme song would be "Town Called Malice" by The Jam (for no other reason than it's one of those songs that makes me play the air guitar...badly)

8.  You're biography is being published, what would it be called?


"meg etc." of course!

9. Are you a night owl or early bird?


Early bird!

10. What's the most money you have spent on one item?


It would have to be my MacBook Pro so just over £1000 (ouch!)

11. You have to lose one of your five senses, but which would you pick?


I'm going to have to go with smell and just trust my friends to let me know when the deodorant's needed! 

And my questions are:
   
  1. What's your best childhood memory?
  2. What was your first music gig?
  3. Rom-com, horror or action movie?
  4. What's your favourite snack?
  5. What's your ideal day off?
  6. City or Countryside?
  7. Brights or Pastels?
  8. A good book or a good movie?
  9. What's your favourite word?
 10. Biscuit or Cookie?
 11. Which 3 people would you most like to have over for 
     tea?

And these questions are for:


Check out the blogs above...I think they're all pretty lovely! 

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Meg congratulations on your award! Thanks so much for nominating me, I've done this before so I won't bore you all with my rambling again :) So jealous you're moving to New York - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! your blog is lovely :) really enjoyed reading this post.
    Come check my blog out.. elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are way too freakin' cute! Thanks so much for the shout out to my humble lil blog :) Such a fun way to find new and adorable blogs. I'm in the process of putting an awesome post together with the answers to your questions. Thanks again!

    Glenna May
    www.finallysomethingtoblogabout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete