Friday, 26 July 2013

Red Onion Sausage Rolls & A Happy Daddy












If there's one way to my daddy's heart...it's through his stomach. Most notably in the form of meat covered in pastry. So I spent a lazy afternoon baking a batch of buttery, puff pastry, red onion sausage rolls. Nothing fancy or challenging about these little beauties but they've got a sort of charm to them, don't you think? 

I'd be lying if I said I made the pastry. As I said, it was a lazy afternoon and when you can get this must pre-rolled pastry for £1.20 it seemed the inevitable conclusion. 

I fried 2 red onions, mixed it with 500g sausage meat and seasoned well. Cut the pastry lengthways so you've got two strips and divide your sausage mixture evenly down both. Fold the seams together and cut both long sausage rolls into 12 (making 24 in total).

Cook in a 180c oven for 25 mins or until golden brown and crispy. 

One very happy daddy.   



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment