Friday, 8 November 2013

Pumpkin Pickin'











Fall is a big deal here. And before I crossed over the pond I never really understood why. Autumn in England is beautiful, but it's quite literally dampened by the constant rainfall that comes with it. It's different here. It's crisp, it's chilly and it's simply beautiful. 

I didn't want to waste away the season, so me and some girlfriends headed out on a slightly drizzly Saturday afternoon and went pumpkin picking. We chose to head down to Becker Farm where they served up hot apple cider, freshly cooked doughnuts and piles of pumpkins like you wouldn't believe. 

It was just one of those perfect days with friends where you laugh start to finish and ogle at how crazy beautiful everything is around you.

The pumpkin season seems to be officially over now that the Peppermint Mocha's have come in at Starbucks, but I've still got some baking plans for the pumpkin that's sitting on my desk. 

Fall, you did not disappoint me.





What did you get up to this fall? And what should I be doing for Thanksgiving?! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment