Sunday, 1 December 2013

Sticky Toffee Pud



I don't even care how many calories this bad boy holds. There's no scrimping here.

Ever since I was little, my sweet-tooth has been my downfall. So it's really no surprise that the sickly-sweet Sticky Toffee Pudding has always been my favourite. 

You can imagine my horror when I found out that my American friends had never heard of it - the poor things. Not one to be selfish, I took it upon myself to add it into their Thanksgiving celebrations. However, we were still pretty full from our Thanksgiving feast, so we went for the mug option. 

You'll Need: 
2 tbsp butter 
1/4 cup brown sugar 
3 tbso flour 
2 tbsp milk 
pinch of salt 

Spoon your butter into your chosen, microwave-friendly mug and heat in the microwave until melted - I'd say 10 seconds tops. Stir in the sugar, flour, milk and salt and beat until all is combined. You don't want any flour lumps in here, else you'll end up with exploding flour pockets when you dig in. 

Pop it in the microwave for approx. 1 minute, or until the top is springy to touch, but still moist. 



It went down a right treat, if I do say so myself. 

And kudos to my Grandma who drilled this recipe into my head from the age of 7. 

What's your favourite dessert for the winter months? 


xxx

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good, I love microwavable cakes, my speciality is brownies haha x

    ReplyDelete